Privacy & Cookies
This privacy and cookie statement applies to the processing of personal data by Holland Oto and describes which personal data it processes and how they are used. The privacy and cookie statement applies to all Services that Holland Oto offers on the internet.
If you have a question about this privacy statement or the subject of privacy protection at Holland Oto, you can contact our team at any time via email@example.com. Please also email our team if you would like to exercise your right to information or deletion or any other data protection right, including withdrawing consent for marketing purposes, unsubscribing from newsletters etc. More information can be found in the following chapters The rights of Users with regard to their information / What rights can you exercise with regard to your data?
What can you find in this privacy statement:
- Who is responsible for processing my personal data?
- Which data is stored by Holland Oto.
- What we do with your data and what they are needed for.
- What privacy rights and options you have in this regard.
- Which technologies and data we use to personalize and tailor our services and content to provide you with a safe, simple, seamless and individual shopping experience.
- What technologies and data we use for advertising, including the tracking technology used.
- What are cookies and which ones do we place.
- Amendments to the privacy and cookie statement
Who is responsible for processing my personal data?
Which data does Holland Oto process?
Holland Oto offers various services that you can use in different ways. Depending on whether you interact with us online, by telephone, in person or in any other way and which services you want to use, this requires data from various sources. You provide us with most of the data processed by us when you use our services or contact us, for example by registering and entering your name or e-mail address or home address.
However, we also receive technical device and access data that is collected by us when you interact with our services. This may include information about which device you are using. Other data we collect are through our own analyzes of the data (e.g. in the context of market research and customer reviews). We may also receive information about you from third parties, for example from credit registration agencies and payment service providers.
When we speak of “your data” we mean personal data. This concerns all information in which we can identify you immediately or through a combination with other information. For example: your name, your telephone number, your customer number, order numbers or your e-mail address.
Any information in which we cannot identify you (not even through a combination with other information) is considered non-personal information. All non-personal data is also referred to as anonymous data. When we combine your personal data with anonymous data, all data in this data record counts as personal data. If we delete the personal data from information or a data record concerning your person, the remaining data will no longer be regarded as personal data. This procedure is called anonymization. If we ask you to provide us with certain personal information, you can of course always decline this. You decide which information you pass on to us. However, it is possible that we will not be able to provide you with all the desired services (or not optimally). For example, we cannot send you a package without stating the delivery address. If only certain data are required in connection with a service (mandatory statement), we will pass this on to you by means of an indication.
As further explained below, Holland Oto collects data about the Users for:
Profile data are personal and demographic data relating to your person (so-called master data) and your individual interests, which you can communicate to us when registering for your customer account. Your profile information includes, for example:
- Your first and last name
- your contact details
- your preferences, for example in relation to brands, types of products or communication preferences
- demographic information such as your gender, age and place of residence
Mandatory information is usually your name, your e-mail address and a password of your choice. Your e-mail address and password will be your later login details.
To use restricted, payment or personalized services, other mandatory fields may also be required, such as your date of birth, your address or the brands you prefer.
Profile data may also contain other information about your person and interests. This data may already have been collected when registering for the service or may only be supplemented at a later date. This is the case, for example, if you later add voluntary information to your profile or if you want to use your customer account to register for a service, which requires additional mandatory data.
To be able to provide the Service
Holland Oto strives to make the Services as relevant as possible for the User. Holland Oto can therefore adapt the Content, including advertisements on the website, to the preferences of the User and make personal recommendations. To be able to do this, Holland Oto maintains a profile based on the use that the User makes of the Services, including the Content that the User requests, in order to gain an idea of the likely interests of the User. Based on these interests, Holland Oto can then adjust the Content, including advertisements on Holland Oto websites, for different groups of customers.
Holland Oto, for example, uses the Holland Oto Accountto provide you with access to the Services and the Content, and other information provided during registration (such as name and date of birth) can be used to check whether the User meets the requirements. .
Specified contact details can be used to inform you about, for example, changes to the Service or planned maintenance (service emails).
When you order something from Holland Oto, we collect your purchasing data. Purchase data may include the following information, depending on the mode of sale and operation status:
- Order number
- Details about the products purchased
- Information about the payment method
- Delivery and billing addresses
- Notification and communication related to purchases (e.g., withdrawal statements, complaints and notices to customer service)
- Delivery and payment status, eg “completed” or “shipped”
- Return status, for example “correctly completed”
- Information from the service providers engaged for the execution (in the case of distance selling, the numbers of the shipments with the parcel services)
We offer the usual payment methods for online activities – in particular prepayment, credit card, PayPal or invoice. We collect the payment data you provide to make payments. We receive other payment data from external payment service providers and credit information agencies, with whom we collaborate for the execution of the payment and the verification of the creditworthiness. We only pass on this data that is necessary for the processing of the payment to our payment service provider.
Payment details are:
- Chosen payment method
- Invoice addresses
- IBAN and BIC or account number and bank code
- Credit card information
- Creditworthiness Data
The payment data also includes other information that is required in direct connection with the settlement of the payment and creditworthiness check. This concerns, information that external payment service providers use for identification, such as your PayPal ID (if you pay with PayPal).
When you interact with our services, data is released that allows us to know which content, topics, products or brands are of interest to you. For example, we can determine from purchase data, the content of wish lists and your age (at least if this information is available) and determine which product categories you are interested in by comparing with users with other characteristics. In this way, we can be the first to show you the products most likely to be relevant to you during your next search.
In addition to the interests directly communicated by you, we can also deduce your interests from other data collected by us. For example, if you regularly visit a certain department of the Holland Oto Shop, we can draw conclusions from your access data in the context of the usage analyzes.
Notifications, content of conversations
When you want to communicate with us about products (eg product reviews) and other topics by telephone, post, social media services, contact forms or otherwise, we collect the content of your communications.
If necessary, we will pass on your communications to the place responsible for your request, i.e. to a partner company or manufacturer. If we pass this on to another company (eg when you send us feedback for the manufacturer of a product), you naturally have the option to inform us that your data may only be used by Holland Oto. In that case we will not pass on your request or only pass it on to the responsible place without providing your personal data, at least if your request can be processed in this way.
Social network data
Holland Oto maintains profile pages on various social networks. In addition, services from Holland Oto can include social network functionalities. These can be messaging services and so-called social plug-ins or social logins such as ‘Log in to Facebook’ If you interact with us directly through our social media profiles or if you use social networking features integrated into our services and are a member of the respective social network, we may receive data from the operator of the social network through which you can be identified. We can usually see the following data:
- Your public profile information stored on the respective social network (e.g. name, profile picture)
- Information about the type of device you are using
- The account ID of your profile on the respective network (eg. Facebook-ID
What does Holland Oto do with my data?
In addition, we use your data within the framework of strict European data protection legislation, but also for other purposes such as product development and market research, to improve business processes, to design our services according to needs and for personalized advertisements.
The rights of Users with regard to their information
People whose personal data are processed have certain rights according to the law. You can gain insight into the information processed by Holland Oto at any time, free of charge and adjust it if desired. You can also object to receiving information or targeted offers from Holland Oto by e-mail, telephone, post and / or SMS, or have their data deleted in accordance with the applicable regulations.
If case you want to make use of these options, you can do so by contacting us via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone number 0495-547247.
What rights can you assert in regard to your data?
Right to information
Right of access
You have the right to request access from us at any time to the information we have available about you. You can request this in your account. We process applications within 30 days at the latest.
Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your data if you disagree with the way we process your personal data. This right applies to the data we use for direct marketing. For example, you can indicate to our customer service that you no longer wish to receive mail from us. You can also ask us to no longer use your data for personalized recommendations on the website. You can arrange this yourself in your account. In addition, this right also applies to other data that we use based on our legitimate interest. For example, you can choose that we forget and continue to forget the data about your surfing and search behavior. You can also arrange this yourself in your account. We process applications within 30 days at the latest.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive data that you have provided to us in the context of the agreement (s) you have concluded with us in a machine-readable format, so that you can store this data in a database of yours or of a other party. This concerns your name, address and residence details and order history. We offer you the option to download this data in a machine-readable format into your account.
Right to Restriction
You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your data. This means that we may keep your data but not use it. This right arises in a number of cases. If you believe this is the case, please contact us through customer service.
Right to file a complaint
You have the right to file a complaint about the way we handle your data. If you have a complaint, we prefer to resolve it with you ourselves. Please contact our customer service for this. Finally, you have the right to submit your complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Right to be forgotten / request to delete account
You have the right to request that we delete any information we have about you. When you submit a request to delete your account, we will delete information that can be traced back to you, except for the information that we must or may retain by law.
We cannot grant this request if there are still outstanding orders or invoices. We also cannot grant this request if we are allowed by law to keep your personal data despite a request for deletion. For example, if your account has been fraudulent. After you haven’t logged in with us for 7 years, we will delete all your data.
We offer you the option to submit a request in your account.
When will my data be deleted?
We will store your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes stated in this privacy statement, in particular to comply with our contractual and legal obligations. Possibly we may also store your personal data for other purposes, for example as long as the law allows us to store it for certain purposes, including the defense of a lawful claim.
If you close your customer account, we will delete all data stored about you. If your data cannot be completely deleted or is not required for legal reasons, the respective data will be blocked for further processing.
A blocking occurs, for example, in the following cases:
- For your order and payment details and other data may apply different statutory retention periods, such as in the Commercial Code (WvK) and the Tax Act. The law obliges us to keep this data in connection with tax audits and audits of annual accounts for up to 7 years. Only then may we permanently delete the relevant data.
- Even if there is no legal retention period for your data, we can refrain from immediately deleting your data in the cases permitted by law and instead block it. This applies in particular to cases where we may need the relevant data for other activities in connection with the handling of a contract or for legal claims or legal costs (e.g. in case of complaints). The decisive criterion for the duration of the block is the statutory limitation periods. After the relevant limitation periods have expired, the relevant data will be permanently deleted.
In cases permitted by law, the data may not be deleted, at least if it concerns anonymised data and the processing for statistical purposes is made impossible or may cost seriously disadvantage by the deletion.
How does Holland Oto protect my data?
Your personal data will be transferred securely to us, i.e. encrypted. This applies to your order and also to the login of customers. We use the encryption system SSL (Secure Socket Layer) for this. In addition, we secure our websites and other systems through technical and organizational measures against loss, destruction, unauthorized access, alteration or distribution of your data by unauthorized persons.
What are cookies?
Many websites you view store small text files on your computer. This makes it possible to recognize your computer during your visit and during a follow-up visit. We call such files ‘cookies’.
What do cookies do?
There are 3 types of cookies:
- Necessary cookies,
Certain cookies are necessary to store settings or preferences during a visit to the website or until a next visit. Suppose you do not want cookies from a particular website. That website can ‘remember’ this by placing a cookie. Without cookies you will be bothered with the same questions every time.
- Analytical cookies (for research into website use)
With analytical cookies we collect statistics about how our webshop is used with the help of third parties. By measuring website usage, we can continue to improve our store for the benefit of our users.
- Marketing Cookies
We place marketing cookies on our webshop. Third parties can also place marketing cookies on our webshop. We also place marketing cookies on third party websites. We can combine the information from these marketing cookies. We do this so that we can provide you with the most relevant offers possible based on your online surfing, searching and purchasing behavior. With these marketing cookies we also keep track of which advertisements you have seen. Third party websites place cookies on certain parts of the website. These are useful extras: such as a Google map with interactive directions, a Facebook ‘like’ button or the option to continue tweeting. Because of these cookies, the website you are viewing ‘knows’ whether you are logged in to Google, Facebook or Twitter.
No personal data
Cookies as we use them do not contain any personal data. Such cookies simply cannot be used to identify yourself. This would require additional information: for example, a combination of type 3 cookies with your login details for third-party websites (these login details can often be traced back to your person). Without additional information, cookies do not pose a threat to your privacy.
Do you object to cookies?
When you view one of our pages, you will be notified that cookies are being placed. This refers to cookies of types 2 and 3 from ‘What do cookies do?‘. You have the option to hide or reject the cookies.
Do you want to exclude cookies completely?
This can be done via the settings of your browser. More information about disabling cookies (do not track function) is available on the website waarschuwingsdienst.nl.
Which cookies do we place?
Here you can see which cookies we place for each of the 3 types from ‘What do cookies do?‘
Functional or necessary cookies
Functional or necessary cookies ensure that the HollandOto.nl webshop functions properly. Think about:
- Remembering and saving the items you add to your wish list;
- Notification of an unfinished order so that you do not lose the items in the shopping cart;
- Saved browser settings so that you can view our webshop optimally on your screen;
- Remembering the articles you visited in order to be able to quickly return to a previously visited article;
- The ability to save your login details so that you do not have to re-enter them every time;
- The ability to respond to messages in our webshop;
- An even load on the website so that it is easily accessible and continues to work optimally;
We use analytical cookies, with the help of third parties, to investigate shop usage. These statistics give us insight into how often we are visited and where we can improve our online store. This allows us to continuously optimize the experience with our online store. Among other things, the following data is stored:
- The IP address that will be made anonymous;
- Technical characteristics, such as the browser you are using (such as Chrome, Safari or Firefox), the resolution of your computer screen, your language preference and which device you are using;
- From which page you came to the webshop;
- When and for how long you visit or use the webshop;
- Whether you use functionalities of the webshop. For example creating a wish list, placing an order or viewing previous purchases;
- Which pages you visit in our webshop.
For example, we use these cookies to:
- To keep track of the number of visitors to our webshop;
- To measure how long a visit lasts;
- To determine in which order a visitor visits the various pages of our web store;
- Determine which articles and pages can be linked together.
- We can keep track of which advertisements you have already seen;
- We can keep track of how often you have already seen an advertisement;
- We can prevent you from seeing the same advertisement over and over;
- We can keep track of whether you click on the advertisements;
- We can keep track of whether you place orders after you have seen or clicked on an ad;
- We can combine your online surfing, searching and buying behavior regardless of which device you use;
- By combining these characteristics, we estimate your advertising interest and can tailor the advertisements that we show to you in our webshop and on third-party websites.
Advertising networks and media agencies act as intermediaries for web shops and advertisers. The marketing cookies of these parties make it possible that:
- We can show you advertisements from third parties;
- Our advertising partners can combine your preferences at HollandOto.nl with information they collect when you visit other websites.
For the cookies that these parties place for marketing purposes, please refer to the statements on the websites of these parties. Because the statements can change regularly, we recommend that you regularly consult these privacy and cookie statements.
Amendments to the privacy and cookie statement
It may be that Holland Oto decides to amend this Privacy and cookie statement in the future. If that is the case, Holland Oto will inform Users about this in advance by publishing the amended Privacy and cookie statement. Users are therefore advised to check this statement regularly for changes. This can easily be done by checking whether the reference below has been adjusted since the previous use of the Service. The most recent and applicable version of the privacy and cookie statement can always be consulted on the relevant Holland Oto website.