What does Holland Oto do with my data?
In addition, we use your data within the framework of strict European data protection legislation, but also for other purposes such as product development and market research, to improve business processes, to design our services according to needs and for personalized advertisements.
The rights of Users with regard to their information
People whose personal data are processed have certain rights according to the law. You can gain insight into the information processed by Holland Oto at any time, free of charge and adjust it if desired. You can also object to receiving information or targeted offers from Holland Oto by e-mail, telephone, post and / or SMS, or have their data deleted in accordance with the applicable regulations.
If case you want to make use of these options, you can do so by contacting us via the email address email@example.com or telephone number 0495-547247.
What rights can you assert in regard to your data?
When will my data be deleted?
We will store your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes stated in this privacy statement, in particular to comply with our contractual and legal obligations. Possibly we may also store your personal data for other purposes, for example as long as the law allows us to store it for certain purposes, including the defense of a lawful claim.
If you close your customer account, we will delete all data stored about you. If your data cannot be completely deleted or is not required for legal reasons, the respective data will be blocked for further processing.
A blocking occurs, for example, in the following cases:
- For your order and payment details and other data may apply different statutory retention periods, such as in the Commercial Code (WvK) and the Tax Act. The law obliges us to keep this data in connection with tax audits and audits of annual accounts for up to 7 years. Only then may we permanently delete the relevant data.
- Even if there is no legal retention period for your data, we can refrain from immediately deleting your data in the cases permitted by law and instead block it. This applies in particular to cases where we may need the relevant data for other activities in connection with the handling of a contract or for legal claims or legal costs (e.g. in case of complaints). The decisive criterion for the duration of the block is the statutory limitation periods. After the relevant limitation periods have expired, the relevant data will be permanently deleted.
In cases permitted by law, the data may not be deleted, at least if it concerns anonymised data and the processing for statistical purposes is made impossible or may cost seriously disadvantage by the deletion.
How does Holland Oto protect my data?
Your personal data will be transferred securely to us, i.e. encrypted. This applies to your order and also to the login of customers. We use the encryption system SSL (Secure Socket Layer) for this. In addition, we secure our websites and other systems through technical and organizational measures against loss, destruction, unauthorized access, alteration or distribution of your data by unauthorized persons.
What are cookies?
Many websites you view store small text files on your computer. This makes it possible to recognize your computer during your visit and during a follow-up visit. We call such files ‘cookies’.
What do cookies do?
There are 3 types of cookies:
- Necessary cookies,
Certain cookies are necessary to store settings or preferences during a visit to the website or until a next visit. Suppose you do not want cookies from a particular website. That website can ‘remember’ this by placing a cookie. Without cookies you will be bothered with the same questions every time.
- Analytical cookies (for research into website use)
With analytical cookies we collect statistics about how our webshop is used with the help of third parties. By measuring website usage, we can continue to improve our store for the benefit of our users.
- Marketing Cookies
We place marketing cookies on our webshop. Third parties can also place marketing cookies on our webshop. We also place marketing cookies on third party websites. We can combine the information from these marketing cookies. We do this so that we can provide you with the most relevant offers possible based on your online surfing, searching and purchasing behavior. With these marketing cookies we also keep track of which advertisements you have seen. Third party websites place cookies on certain parts of the website. These are useful extras: such as a Google map with interactive directions, a Facebook ‘like’ button or the option to continue tweeting. Because of these cookies, the website you are viewing ‘knows’ whether you are logged in to Google, Facebook or Twitter.
No personal data
Cookies as we use them do not contain any personal data. Such cookies simply cannot be used to identify yourself. This would require additional information: for example, a combination of type 3 cookies with your login details for third-party websites (these login details can often be traced back to your person). Without additional information, cookies do not pose a threat to your privacy.
Do you object to cookies?
When you view one of our pages, you will be notified that cookies are being placed. This refers to cookies of types 2 and 3 from ‘What do cookies do?‘. You have the option to hide or reject the cookies.
Do you want to exclude cookies completely?
This can be done via the settings of your browser. More information about disabling cookies (do not track function) is available on the website waarschuwingsdienst.nl.
Which cookies do we place?
Here you can see which cookies we place for each of the 3 types from ‘What do cookies do?‘
Functional or necessary cookies
Functional or necessary cookies ensure that the HollandOto.nl webshop functions properly. Think about:
- Remembering and saving the items you add to your wish list;
- Notification of an unfinished order so that you do not lose the items in the shopping cart;
- Saved browser settings so that you can view our webshop optimally on your screen;
- Remembering the articles you visited in order to be able to quickly return to a previously visited article;
- The ability to save your login details so that you do not have to re-enter them every time;
- The ability to respond to messages in our webshop;
- An even load on the website so that it is easily accessible and continues to work optimally;
We use analytical cookies, with the help of third parties, to investigate shop usage. These statistics give us insight into how often we are visited and where we can improve our online store. This allows us to continuously optimize the experience with our online store. Among other things, the following data is stored:
- The IP address that will be made anonymous;
- Technical characteristics, such as the browser you are using (such as Chrome, Safari or Firefox), the resolution of your computer screen, your language preference and which device you are using;
- From which page you came to the webshop;
- When and for how long you visit or use the webshop;
- Whether you use functionalities of the webshop. For example creating a wish list, placing an order or viewing previous purchases;
- Which pages you visit in our webshop.
For example, we use these cookies to:
- To keep track of the number of visitors to our webshop;
- To measure how long a visit lasts;
- To determine in which order a visitor visits the various pages of our web store;
- Determine which articles and pages can be linked together.
- We can keep track of which advertisements you have already seen;
- We can keep track of how often you have already seen an advertisement;
- We can prevent you from seeing the same advertisement over and over;
- We can keep track of whether you click on the advertisements;
- We can keep track of whether you place orders after you have seen or clicked on an ad;
- We can combine your online surfing, searching and buying behavior regardless of which device you use;
- By combining these characteristics, we estimate your advertising interest and can tailor the advertisements that we show to you in our webshop and on third-party websites.
Advertising networks and media agencies act as intermediaries for web shops and advertisers. The marketing cookies of these parties make it possible that:
- We can show you advertisements from third parties;
- Our advertising partners can combine your preferences at HollandOto.nl with information they collect when you visit other websites.
For the cookies that these parties place for marketing purposes, please refer to the statements on the websites of these parties. Because the statements can change regularly, we recommend that you regularly consult these privacy and cookie statements.
Amendments to the privacy and cookie statement
It may be that Holland Oto decides to amend this Privacy and cookie statement in the future. If that is the case, Holland Oto will inform Users about this in advance by publishing the amended Privacy and cookie statement. Users are therefore advised to check this statement regularly for changes. This can easily be done by checking whether the reference below has been adjusted since the previous use of the Service. The most recent and applicable version of the privacy and cookie statement can always be consulted on the relevant Holland Oto website.